Saturday, November 7, 2015

Quilty Inspiration #7

I had (and still have most of) this pile of light scraps.  I knew I had to either pitch them or use them.

Images of quilts from these two books came to mind.
Some of the blocks use several different background fabrics.  Hmmm. 

And then these came about.  I determined not to cut the scraps any smaller than necessary to include them in a block.  I will use them as close to the size they are as I can.
These collaged sheets of fabric will become background squares for applique (which I haven't yet started stitching so I won't show you).

It's interesting to me how our minds gather ideas from various sources (sometimes while we are unaware) then put them together to create something completely different or, sometimes, something similar but different.  Maybe that's part of what creative inspiration is.

Now it's your turn to share some bit of quilty inspiration.  I hope you will!  (This link-up is open until Thursday evening.)


1 comment:

  1. Using those scraps as a background for applique is so clever! I can not wait to see your progress on this project!
    Thank you for these posts - you've inspired me to link up! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...